I started another blog, but I don't think I'm going to continue it, since my one and only post was this one, several months ago:
I made these cut cupcakes for Valentines Day this week! The recipe is from recipezaar.com, Kittencal's Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes. Really, they were easy. Everything goes into a bowl, mix together, and bake in a cupcake pan. Its just as easy as my bread machine. They turned out a little spongey, probably because I used butter instead of shortening, like the recipe specifies. Or maybe I mixed them for too long. But I LOVE the buttercream frosting I used, adapted from Magnolia's Bakery cookbook. The heart designs on top are drawn on with gel frosting from the grocery store.
Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1 1/2||cups sugar|
|1/2||cup shortening (I used butter) |
|1||cup half-and-half or milk |
|3 1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat all ingredients on medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping the bowl constantly, until well blended for about 30 seconds.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into paper-lined muffin cups, filling HALF full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
- Immediately remove from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.
| 1/4 ||cup butter, very soft|
| 2 ||cups confectioners' sugar|
| 1/2 ||teaspoons vanilla|