4.01.2008

I want to blog again

I want to blog again. And I'm going to. And I can write about whatever I want and don't need a theme, because only several people read this.

I started another blog, but I don't think I'm going to continue it, since my one and only post was this one, several months ago:

Valentines Cupcakes





























I made these cut cupcakes for Valentines Day this week! The recipe is from recipezaar.com, Kittencal's Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes. Really, they were easy. Everything goes into a bowl, mix together, and bake in a cupcake pan. Its just as easy as my bread machine. They turned out a little spongey, probably because I used butter instead of shortening, like the recipe specifies. Or maybe I mixed them for too long. But I LOVE the buttercream frosting I used, adapted from Magnolia's Bakery cookbook. The heart designs on top are drawn on with gel frosting from the grocery store.

Easy One-Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
1 cup half-and-half or milk
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 eggs
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, beat all ingredients on medium speed of an electric mixer, scraping the bowl constantly, until well blended for about 30 seconds.
  3. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
  4. Pour into paper-lined muffin cups, filling HALF full.
  5. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cupcakes test done.
  6. Immediately remove from pans.
  7. Cool completely before frosting.
Makes about 2 dozen cupcakes.

Buttercream Frosting

1/4
cup butter, very soft
2
cups confectioners' sugar
1/8 cup milk
1/2
teaspoons vanilla

  1. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add 1 cup of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla.
  3. Beat until smooth and creamy.
  4. Gradually add the remaining sugar, until icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency (you may very well not need all of the sugar).

1 comment:

  1. Yeah i hope you return to blogging here...i like reading your inner thoughts on random subjects, and its as much for yourself as others...i get a kick out of going back and reading my past blog posts, its like a kind of diary almost.

    Also, i knew you wouldnt post more than once on that other baking blog you started...i guess i should be more supportive.

    GO LIZ!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin