4.24.2008

Freakonomics: The Consequences of Being Green

Freakonomics: The Consequences of Being Green

I'm going to say it again. I really like economics. Especially FREAKONOMICS!
This article is short and simple, like most of blogger Daniel Hamermesh's entries, but I like it more than a few of his others. Most just explain basic economic principles and apply them to real world events. But this leaves a little more room for interpretation, and I enjoyed all the comments as well.

But this is the best, "There should be a rule: before helping the environment in one market, we should be required to think through the impacts on other markets."

3 comments:

  1. Well that rule should really be:

    before doing one thing in one market, we should be required to think about consequences in other markets.

    unintended consequences are a problem in more than just green legislation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Like always. Except when I win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the point is (though he doesn't say it explicitly) that unintended consequences are more easily overlooked when dealing with green ventures. So he's making a point to keep it in mind, rather than having the "It's green. 'Nuff said." mentality.

    I got the invitation in the mail yesterday. I'M EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin