I was quickly looking through old posts and saw this:
Oh I miss those high ceilings and dramatic views from a previous life, don't you?
I just don't miss the green carpet!
I have already completed some projects that haven't been posted on here and started some new ones. I've started to tackle sewing again!
Here's what's been done since the last post:
- I hung up two drawings that my Grandpa did while he was in SE Asia. They go really well in the dining area. See above.
- I sewed a new cute dog bed for Daphne, and she loves it. No more stinky, ugly plaid, hello soft, fleecey pawprints and green!
- Brentan made a doghouse for Daphne. (She is super spoiled) It is made with redwood, which makes it almost better than the regular house! It needs to be painted (prob. Wipeout blue!)
- Reorganized the office. The big white Ikea bookshelf is now housed there, leaving the living room way more open and airy. And the office feels finished and is a productive space.
Here's what is in the works or soon to be started:
- Framing some pretty pictures of Spring flowers from around our old apartment in Boston to hang above the bed.
- Making a headboard for the bed. I got some cute fabric from the store and some molding to stain, so hopefully it will look really classy.
- Reupholstering a mid-century chair from the Alameda flea market. I get some great green trellis fabric and am ready to start my first sewed furniture project. OK, maybe not. Maybe I need to mentally prepare myself more. It's really just making two new covers for cushions, but I'm scared they will look sloppy. Any tips?