7.23.2009

In California!

I'm in California!
I left Boston yesterday morning, and have moved in (for a few weeks) with my friend Kate from college in the Inner Richmond. She lives in a cute condo with another fantastic Wellesley woman, Carla.
I forgot how cold it is here! It hasn't reached 60 degrees since I've arrived in the city. When will it get warm? Will it ever? I didn't really bring too many warm clothes...

So it is cold, but that is about the only negative. Good things are:
1. There is great shopping. I forgot that I love to explore new cities for shopping. Kate took me to this place called Jeremy's yesterday, which feels like this really posh department store, but it is all at discount prices. It is in this gorgeous old loft-like factory building in SOMA. So what if the majority of clothes are Dianne Von Furstenburg and Prada and Dior? It is fun to look and hold them, and know that you might be able to afford it. Also a lot of J Crew and Anthropologie, so that's more affordable. I didn't buy anything, but can see that I might go back in search of a sweater or something if I get really cold.
2. I get to drive by the Golden Gate bridge on the bus on my way to work all the time. So iconic, so structural, and yet still so beautiful.
3. Delicious Mexican food! Before I went in to Jeremy's I went to this Mexican fast foodish place called Mexico au Parc. (I don't know why the name isn't in Spanish and is in Catalan or Portugese or something) My burrito was SMOTHERED in sauce and guac and salsa. And *bonus* came with fresh tortilla chips.
4. My new job! It seems like it is going to be great. I had a quick orientation today about how to interview people, and I will hit the ground tomorrow with a bunch more interviews! HR and data entry orientations to come next week. I think it is going to be a fun, good steppingstone job!

Anyways, I wish I could be back in Boston this weekend to go hiking and camping, but alas, I am going to be working....and I'm still in CA. Must find some other great stuff to do. Farmer's markets? Hiking to Land's End? Good coffee shops? Suggestions?

Also, here is a cute picture of my nephew, Jack, in his car seat from when Brentan and I visited him, Bob, and Elle in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin