5.12.2009

Camping on Cape Cod

I already posted my photos to Facebook, but I thought I would add some description to my Cape Cod adventure from this weekend.

Brentan and Sarah B. and I decided around midnight on Friday that we would go camping at the Cape Cod National Seashore for the weekend. Brentan and I had been thinking of it for some time, and now that Sarah doesn't have a job (sad) we had a little room for spontaneity!

It rained until 2pm on Saturday, which was ok, because we left late on Sat. morning (per usual, I'm turning into a not so prompt person). But then we were on the Cape, and I had never really spend any time there, and it was so beachy, more than I would expect. We went for a little walk on the beach by our campsite in Nickerson State Park. We saw lots of sea creatures, including a crab metropolis. I couldn't count how many tiny crabs lived in the sand!
Then we went and looked at some lighthouses. There was a bride and groom there taking pictures. A Cape wedding would be so beautiful. And later we set up camp and made some delicous dinner of brats and corn.Sunday morning we got up really early to see the sun rise over the Atlantic. It was the first time I had seen the sun rise over the ocean, and probably the last in a long time. However, I am more looking forward to some sunsets! After snapping some quick pictures, we went back to camp and slept for 3 more hours.
The rest of Sunday was spent hiking and exploring Provincetown. We took a 4 mile hike out onto this peninsula which used to be an island. It used to be a hot whaling location. We did see a dead blackfish, which is a type of whale, on the beach. We had lunch in P-Town at a restaurant with a nice patio overlooking the marina.
Then it was a drive back to Boston! Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin