Brentan and I finally decided we needed to do something with our bed. Well, it's really just a mattress on wheels. We decided to make a headboard. After seeing it done on HGTV a while ago (see here, or an Apartment Therapy how-to here ), I figured it would be easy enough.
We bought fabric and batting from the fabric store and plywood and a staple gun from Lowes for the main piece. Also from Lowes, we got a few pieces of of molding and some wood stain for the frame. All the pieces for the main part were pre-cut, and all we needed to do was staple. Brentan cut and fit the molding together, and it is screwed on to the back of the plywood. We hung it on the wall and ta-da!
Easy as pie. And our bedroom looks way more put together.